Chilaw House, 54 7th Street, Gweru

Mon to Fri 8am to 5pm

Administration of Estates

There are three ways to distribute the assets of a deceased person in Zimbabwe

The Master of the High court must consider the will of the deceased person:

  • The will of the deceased person is a document that is written by the deceased person stating how he wishes his property to be distributed upon death.

If the deceased didn’t leave a will, the Master of the High court will distribute according to the law. In simple terms, this is how it’s done;

  • The surviving spouse gets the matrimonial home.
  • The remaining assets are shared between the surviving spouse and the children of the deceased in equal shares
  • If the deceased didn’t have any children and was not married, the wealth is shared between his siblings and parents.

Those who are entitled to benefit as mentioned above may decide to share the inheritance in any other way. The master must consider that.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post